Skip to main content

Give a Girl the right pair of shoes and she can rule the world.

Happy Friday (well really early Saturday morning) Lovies!!!! This has been an expensive week for me :( not only did I have to buy a new running leash, but I had to retire my best friends (my running shoes) sadly it was time for new ones and the knee and foot pain could no longer be tolerated. So I will be working a lot over overtime this month to build myself back up.... Races are expensive LOL.
 It was kind of hard to say goodbye to my old shoes, I mean they carried me the first part of my journey, they saw me through struggling to walk a 5 k to running 8 miles, I had hoped to get to a running a whole 15k in them but alas they earned their retirement. Its funny to get sentimental about shoes but its a runner thing.... I guess I am truly a runner now :) my new shoes are great :) I wore them for the first time on my long run on Wednesday, and while I had some of the breaking in new shoes issues, my knees and my strike point didn't hurt so I will call that  a plus. I finished 9 miles in 2 hours flat without any pre workout and 4 hours of sleep, so Ill take that time and not complain LOL.  I decided that since Wednesday was my only day off this week I was going to pamper myself so I had my cheat meal with date night, I soaked in and epsom salt bath, and I wrapped my feet in bengay patches and went to be early... I know I know... What can I say I am a party animal.
I mean this doesn't make me old right?
Thursday I worked overtime and made excuses and skipped my yoga which is what I did on Tuesday... I really need to stop doing that it only hurts me in the end. 
Friday fun day!! My favorite day of the week... today it seemed that every time I tried to get started the world had another plan, I mean can't I just get paid, and not have to do my job ;) I got in 30 minutes of yoga and had started my run when we got a call so once we got back I got back out there. I ended up with 5.5 miles on the treadmill in 77 minutes for a total of 86 miles for March and just shy of 20 hours of running :) during my run after 3.1 miles I threw on my SCBA mask and ran an 8.5 minute mile, then I did .5 of a mile at max elevation, then a cool down to finish it out. Then because I was amped up and short on time I jump roped for about 3 minutes then went into Full gear (scab mask but not on air) without a break. I loaded the tire down with approximately 160 lbs and pulled it about 600 yards across the cement... I kinda wanted to die after that one (whoo it hurt) then I did 3 sets of 15; 15 lb dumbbell curls, planking, pushups, and 75 lbs bar squats, there were quite a few times tonight I had to tell myself I don't stop when I'm tired I stop when I'm done. I crawled the community room and when I was done I ended up on the floor for a good 5 minutes... I decided to for go the stairs for my safety because I could already feel my blood sugar dropping and my partner was asleep ... no sense dying on the stairs, at some point I have to be realistic. 





I started the day with straight hair and dry gear .... LOL







Recipes from this week 
I didn't cook that much this week, I have to grocery shop for food prep still (ugh) but today for vegan Friday I started the morning with French toast with strawberry bake... technically not vegan because I didn't check the bread label ... whoops. 
Anyways, I took 4 pieces of sourdough bread and chopped not cubes, 4 large strawberries and chopped them into cubes, I made the banana, cinnamon, and almond milk mixture from the french toast a few weeks ago and added a splash of lemon extract. baked for 20 minutes at 400 stirring once and very filling, very good, and lots of left overs.  
For dinner I made vegan baked ziti, Its very good warm but does not reheat well so only make what you will eat then. I even got chief to try it and he went back for seconds :)  this was bowtie pasta, a jar of aribatta sauce, a can of diced tomatoes, beyond beef crumbles, and vegan mozzarella.  simmer the sauce, the crumbles, and the can of tomatoes together. boil the pasta for about 7 minutes, till just before its done. drain and mix them all together in an oven safe baking dish and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, cheese should melt (we got in a hurry because EMS calls kept coming in"


Well thats this week for you, hopefully the next week is awesome for you and you meet your goals, I am defiantly try to keep mine with my diet, thats usually my downfall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somedays I eat like a junk yard dog...

Happy Friday Lovelies!!!! I hope you are all having great weeks.... This week I had to remember that not every day is going to be great multiple times. Michigan has been bipolar this week for sure. Sundays run was super cold and I forgot my gloves and muff so I ran back to get it, when I did I hit an uneven patch of sidewalk and fell. I laid there for a few seconds looking at the sky, the pup was giving me kisses and had a general look of concern ( It was very cute ) luckily I was only a little banged up and finished my run and ran Monday I ran too and they both went pretty well, except that snow happened.  Wednesday I went to do my long run on the trail, I got there and there was snow on the trail.  I decided that it was a good idea to run 9 miles on snow ... it was not! about 5 miles was all I could run and I had to walk the last 4, because well I was 4 miles from the car and the car would take me to food.  Thursday I had to be up early to help teach the Career...

Living on Hopes, Dreams, and Peanut Butter.....

Happy Monday Loves.... sorry I am late but I have been kind of suck this week. Better late than never I guess. Last week saw the demise of not one, but two run leashes. The first bit it in the last 3 miles of the long run, I ended up tying it together to finish it out. The second one bit it yesterday when Dante decided to charge a bird. It wasn't too fun chasing him down. I fixed him ... I went to Meijer and bought a bear bag rated carabeener and a leash with no elastic. It worked pretty darn well, although there were a few birds today that about had me on my butt.  Excuse the photo layouts, they are being silly.                 Workouts since last post.   t his is my excitement over broken leashes I have been rocking out the yoga, I finally got myself into a groove.  In the class I am doing on beach body we have finally got into more advanced moves so I am happy and super flexy now :) I got my tuesday yoga in before...

They want to be like you, be worth being.

 Happy Friday Lovelies!!! Another week down, this week I increased my running miles to 8 on my long run day. Oh boy did I wake up sore Thursday (Alieve is my friend)  The pup really wanted to run yesterday but he had to settle on watching me do yoga. I actually swore at the video during goddess pose. At least I did it and my muscles felt better after.  I also took an honest rest day on Tuesday, ran out of time  because I had to take the doggo to the vet. He has a clean bill of health and the vet was happy that I take him running. Friday Fun Day is in full swing. ran 3.1 in 34 minutes then got out the mask and ran a 9 minute mile in the mask and did my cool down. Today some I got joined in stretching by some of my little buddies while they were visiting daddy at the station. They decided they wanted to be my cheering section (really they wanted to join in)  had some nice stretches between sets. ( My cheering section tonight was pretty darn cute) ...