Skip to main content

They want to be like you, be worth being.

 Happy Friday Lovelies!!! Another week down, this week I increased my running miles to 8 on my long run day. Oh boy did I wake up sore Thursday (Alieve is my friend)  The pup really wanted to run yesterday but he had to settle on watching me do yoga. I actually swore at the video during goddess pose. At least I did it and my muscles felt better after.  I also took an honest rest day on Tuesday, ran out of time  because I had to take the doggo to the vet. He has a clean bill of health and the vet was happy that I take him running.

Friday Fun Day is in full swing. ran 3.1 in 34 minutes then got out the mask and ran a 9 minute mile in the mask and did my cool down.

Today some I got joined in stretching by some of my little buddies while they were visiting daddy at the station. They decided they wanted to be my cheering section (really they wanted to join in)  had some nice stretches between sets.

( My cheering section tonight was pretty darn cute)




Tonight a couple of the cadets came out and joined me for my workout. It was really cool to have them come out and try the workout with me. It was pretty cool to see them get to see how physical our job really is. It was also cool to see how tight the bond between the cadets is getting. I think they are defiantly a good fit for the department.  It was cool getting to share why our health is important, why I do what I do, and how they can better prepare themselves for the physical demands. I like being able to mentor them in how to prepare themselves for a long career in Firefighting. I love that this is my life now, it feels awesome that a change I made to save myself might inspire a future generation of firefighters to be healthier and safer, even if it is only 2 kids.  Tonight I did the same workout as last week. It still kicked my butt but I was able to jump rope more, plank longer, pull the weighted tire further, do more flights of stairs, and crawl further. I made sure that even though it was the same workout I pushed myself further.

I offered the cadets to come back with me on Fridays and I will always let the join me. It seems like they really want to so that should be cool. I will have to change some of the workout to accommodate them because this one is pretty hard core. I do love having someone to work out with though.
 

Food is fuel for success.... That doesn't mean it shouldn't taste good. 

Lent started Wednesday, I made the mistake of thinking that Monday was Tuesday and ate 4 pieces of pizza because hey calories don't count on fat Tuesday right.... Since Wednesday at midnight I have had no chocolate... Yay!!! Today was my first day of no meat. I decided last Sunday I was going to try to do plant based vegan for Fridays and Mondays instead of just vegetarian.  Because why not torture myself. This morning started out with biscuits and gravy, It wasn't exactly vegan I forgot to check the biscuits to see if they had any animal products and I'm pretty sure the gravy had powdered milk in it. 

Vegetarian biscuits and gravy. 2 packages of country gravy prepared as directed by package, with 2 lbs of mushroom diced and fried (I used a little water then strained them) I ended up using crescent rolls because they have reduced fat 90 calorie present rolls in the freezer section. 

Pre workout snack (I eat an extra before fridays work out because its pretty killer) I had on slice of low calorie bread (45 c) and Peanut butter :) <3 pb is my favorite, I also added in pre workout drink and aminos after. 

Dinner after working out tonight was a veggie burger with vegan cheese and low fat thousand Island dressing to make it feel like a big mac and balsamic coated Brussel sprouts and Sweet potatoes, much like the stuff last week but I left out the beets because they made the dish too sweet.  These together where very filling.  



My 3rd meal is a variation or my normal daily lunch, instead of chicken I have roasted butternut squash and I brought a serving of veggie "chicken" wings as a backup.  I also have a snack of grapes, pb2 and banana. Its funny to think I eat all of this food and still lose weight but if you make the right choices you can eat more food for less calories. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somedays I eat like a junk yard dog...

Happy Friday Lovelies!!!! I hope you are all having great weeks.... This week I had to remember that not every day is going to be great multiple times. Michigan has been bipolar this week for sure. Sundays run was super cold and I forgot my gloves and muff so I ran back to get it, when I did I hit an uneven patch of sidewalk and fell. I laid there for a few seconds looking at the sky, the pup was giving me kisses and had a general look of concern ( It was very cute ) luckily I was only a little banged up and finished my run and ran Monday I ran too and they both went pretty well, except that snow happened.  Wednesday I went to do my long run on the trail, I got there and there was snow on the trail.  I decided that it was a good idea to run 9 miles on snow ... it was not! about 5 miles was all I could run and I had to walk the last 4, because well I was 4 miles from the car and the car would take me to food.  Thursday I had to be up early to help teach the Career...

Living on Hopes, Dreams, and Peanut Butter.....

Happy Monday Loves.... sorry I am late but I have been kind of suck this week. Better late than never I guess. Last week saw the demise of not one, but two run leashes. The first bit it in the last 3 miles of the long run, I ended up tying it together to finish it out. The second one bit it yesterday when Dante decided to charge a bird. It wasn't too fun chasing him down. I fixed him ... I went to Meijer and bought a bear bag rated carabeener and a leash with no elastic. It worked pretty darn well, although there were a few birds today that about had me on my butt.  Excuse the photo layouts, they are being silly.                 Workouts since last post.   t his is my excitement over broken leashes I have been rocking out the yoga, I finally got myself into a groove.  In the class I am doing on beach body we have finally got into more advanced moves so I am happy and super flexy now :) I got my tuesday yoga in before...