Skip to main content

A little less facebook, a little more Drag Queens....

So today while I was doing my normal wake up/ preworkout routine. I was scrolling through facebook per the ush and I was bombarded with people selling things like IT WORKS and Shakeology.  The one that finally put me over the edge was a targeted add about a starlets weight loss, the title was misleading so I clicked on it. Of course it was another add for the "miracle weight loss drug garcinea cambogia" I was obviously a little miffed I got click bated for something stupid. I left for my run and didn't get the same quiet mind time as usual, I kept ruminating on the articles. The starlet was Rebel Wilson, whom I normally find fairly inspiring. She plays yo the fact that she is bigger and embraces it. I love the fact that she promotes loving your body. Which is something  I often struggle with. I am sad to see the way that media plays on insecurity to keep people fad dieting. Sadly there is no miracle its all blood, sweat, and tears.
Over the years I have always struggled with what I see when I look at myself. Even now I still see 270lb April and flaws in the mirror. It has been almost 10 months of constant changing and my brain still can't reconcile what was and what is. Then to see things like so and so lost 40 lb in a month makes me feel  a little crazier. It has to be hard for other to see that too. I said at the start I was going to do this the all natural way and Im glad I did. But I have a confession  (I did put this on Facebook at the time, I never hid it) during my plateau  period I did try a pill for fat burner... it did absolutely nothing, didn't  curb hunger, didn't boost metabolism, didn't bring any extra weight loss. You know what did? Getting off of it and keeping my diet and exercise.  Don't spend extra money on the stuff... you have everything you need inside you to meet your goals.

The thing that made me want to write this was actually last night. We spent most of our shift watching RuPaul's drag race, the thing that I love about the show is that even though these guys go through pretty amazing transformations, they do it in a place of love for themselves. I think its a beautiful positive message that changing yourself isn't bad as long as you decied to love yourself. My favorite thing is that Ru ends just about every episode with the phrase "remember if you dont love yourself, how the hell you gonna love someone else" what better message is there than that? Even  in my darkest places and times that has always spoke to me.

Ok loves done ranting tonight.  Go love yourself you are beautiful!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somedays I eat like a junk yard dog...

Happy Friday Lovelies!!!! I hope you are all having great weeks.... This week I had to remember that not every day is going to be great multiple times. Michigan has been bipolar this week for sure. Sundays run was super cold and I forgot my gloves and muff so I ran back to get it, when I did I hit an uneven patch of sidewalk and fell. I laid there for a few seconds looking at the sky, the pup was giving me kisses and had a general look of concern ( It was very cute ) luckily I was only a little banged up and finished my run and ran Monday I ran too and they both went pretty well, except that snow happened.  Wednesday I went to do my long run on the trail, I got there and there was snow on the trail.  I decided that it was a good idea to run 9 miles on snow ... it was not! about 5 miles was all I could run and I had to walk the last 4, because well I was 4 miles from the car and the car would take me to food.  Thursday I had to be up early to help teach the Career...

Living on Hopes, Dreams, and Peanut Butter.....

Happy Monday Loves.... sorry I am late but I have been kind of suck this week. Better late than never I guess. Last week saw the demise of not one, but two run leashes. The first bit it in the last 3 miles of the long run, I ended up tying it together to finish it out. The second one bit it yesterday when Dante decided to charge a bird. It wasn't too fun chasing him down. I fixed him ... I went to Meijer and bought a bear bag rated carabeener and a leash with no elastic. It worked pretty darn well, although there were a few birds today that about had me on my butt.  Excuse the photo layouts, they are being silly.                 Workouts since last post.   t his is my excitement over broken leashes I have been rocking out the yoga, I finally got myself into a groove.  In the class I am doing on beach body we have finally got into more advanced moves so I am happy and super flexy now :) I got my tuesday yoga in before...

They want to be like you, be worth being.

 Happy Friday Lovelies!!! Another week down, this week I increased my running miles to 8 on my long run day. Oh boy did I wake up sore Thursday (Alieve is my friend)  The pup really wanted to run yesterday but he had to settle on watching me do yoga. I actually swore at the video during goddess pose. At least I did it and my muscles felt better after.  I also took an honest rest day on Tuesday, ran out of time  because I had to take the doggo to the vet. He has a clean bill of health and the vet was happy that I take him running. Friday Fun Day is in full swing. ran 3.1 in 34 minutes then got out the mask and ran a 9 minute mile in the mask and did my cool down. Today some I got joined in stretching by some of my little buddies while they were visiting daddy at the station. They decided they wanted to be my cheering section (really they wanted to join in)  had some nice stretches between sets. ( My cheering section tonight was pretty darn cute) ...