Skip to main content

Added Venue, same cynical but funny April...

Lets try expanding again, tumbler wasn't my jam so I am going to give Blogging a try. I will tell you know Punctuation is not my strong suit, I'll try but no promises.  I love the chubby firefighter,  it gives me an outlet to talk about the struggles that is changing your entire lifestyle. I love that I have people who are genuinely interested in listening to what I have to say. 

Thoughts from a 24 hour fire shift. 

I have a plan, a training schedule, a way things are supposed to go every week. When I start to veer things like to go super wrong. Wednesdays are long run days, it supposed to be the same every week. This week I have a virtual 10k to run. I decided to try to change that because its icy and I wanted to run outside with Dante. I had a plan all set, we would wait till Thursday and go to the park in Jackson. Of course the world decided to step in on that LOL. When we got there I quickly found out that there was more ice on the paths there then on the roads I normally run. Since I am not about breaking my knee, I figured that the treadmill was my best bet.  I had to do it at work since I had my 24 hour fire shift for this week. So on to my Run, I was making great time 3.6 miles in with plenty of stamina, Cue the tones for a call. You can Imagine my frustration. I ended up finishing my run but deciding to run the virtual run next week. I even increased my miles for my half marathon training. let me tell you 7 miles on a treadmill is not a good time LOL. I woke up this morning sore to say the least, when I woke up a couple of guys from my department were at the station and wanted to work out. So even though I was tried I joined in, a little fire gear "crossfit type" work out, I went two rounds then ran a mile on the treadmill. 

This is where my contemplation comes into play.  Thomas and I were talking about a night at the start of my lifestyle change, one where I was at the station making excuses about how I couldn't walk on the treadmill because I forgot my shoes. Thomas told me to get off my butt and get out there, and I did and walked for an hour on the treadmill barefoot. Fast forward to today where even though I was sore I still got out there and did a hard workout and pushed myself. If I would have known at the start of this journey how much I would change I would not have believed it. I didn't just lose 90 lbs, my whole outlook has changed. I feel like a more complete person than I did then.  Thank you to the people following my journey. I will try to keep this up as much as Facebook. If you have ideas of things I can do on here be sure to share. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little less facebook, a little more Drag Queens....

So today while I was doing my normal wake up/ preworkout routine. I was scrolling through facebook per the ush and I was bombarded with people selling things like IT WORKS and Shakeology.  The one that finally put me over the edge was a targeted add about a starlets weight loss, the title was misleading so I clicked on it. Of course it was another add for the "miracle weight loss drug garcinea cambogia" I was obviously a little miffed I got click bated for something stupid. I left for my run and didn't get the same quiet mind time as usual, I kept ruminating on the articles. The starlet was Rebel Wilson, whom I normally find fairly inspiring. She plays yo the fact that she is bigger and embraces it. I love the fact that she promotes loving your body. Which is something  I often struggle with. I am sad to see the way that media plays on insecurity to keep people fad dieting. Sadly there is no miracle its all blood, sweat, and tears. Over the years I have always struggled ...

Somedays I eat like a junk yard dog...

Happy Friday Lovelies!!!! I hope you are all having great weeks.... This week I had to remember that not every day is going to be great multiple times. Michigan has been bipolar this week for sure. Sundays run was super cold and I forgot my gloves and muff so I ran back to get it, when I did I hit an uneven patch of sidewalk and fell. I laid there for a few seconds looking at the sky, the pup was giving me kisses and had a general look of concern ( It was very cute ) luckily I was only a little banged up and finished my run and ran Monday I ran too and they both went pretty well, except that snow happened.  Wednesday I went to do my long run on the trail, I got there and there was snow on the trail.  I decided that it was a good idea to run 9 miles on snow ... it was not! about 5 miles was all I could run and I had to walk the last 4, because well I was 4 miles from the car and the car would take me to food.  Thursday I had to be up early to help teach the Career...

Sometimes you need to drag yourself, even when you want to stop......

Happy Friday Loves!! I think I am gonna make this my blog day, This week I didn't make anything really different as far as food goes, but I have been better at sticking to my diet so I am almost back on track weight loss wise.  I got turned onto this popcorn from vitamin shoppe... The peanut butter vanilla is to die for. Its a little pricey but so delicious. I didn't know that I needed Peanut Butter Vanilla popcorn in my life, but I'm sold on it now.  Lent starts the first and I actually had to think about it this year.... I couldn't go to my old standby since I don't eat fast food, I don't drink soda... crap I will have to give up something hard LOL. I decided that this year I am giving up CHOCOLATE (ugh I may die) also no meat on Monday and Fridays.  God grant me the strength to do the damn thing. Bring on the Meat substitutes!! This week I have also been pushing myself pretty hard. The weather has been gorgeous and I Just wanted to be out and runni...